sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Bound by the Night - Cynthia Eden For the last fifteen years, vampire queen Iona has been dead to the world. Trapped under the power of a brutal curse, she has been helpless. A prisoner, locked within her own still body. Then alpha werewolf Jamie O’Connell fights his way to her side. After defeating the guards that surround her, Jamie gives Iona his blood…and she rises.

The world has changed a great deal in the last fifteen years, and Iona has changed, too. Once known as the Blood Queen because of her dark reputation, she now finds herself longing for the blood of only one man…only he isn’t just a man. She wants the blood of her werewolf—Jamie’s blood. But Iona doesn’t realize that Jamie has been keeping secrets from her. Very dark, dangerous secrets. And Iona may have traded one curse for another.
Now that he has Iona, Jamie vows to never let her go. He needs his Blood Queen in order to defeat his enemy, he needs her to make his own beast stronger, and…he just needs her. Jamie has risked his life to claim Iona, and he won’t let anything break their bond. Not time. Not spells. Not even a wild and reckless vampire queen…

Bound by the Night is very different from the previous novella's in the Bound series to date. Everyone has an ulterior motive within Bound by the Night, which makes for some seriously interesting reading. I didn't enjoy Iona as much as I wanted too. She's a super interesting character with some amazing back history and she's dealt with a lot in her life but I felt she was rather detached from it all and I just couldn't seem to warm to her character. Which in turn made it a little hard for me to enjoy Jamie as, he obviously falls in love with her and at times I found it hard to believe because no matter what Jamie did for or too Iona it just never seems to be enough for her right until the very end and by that point I got it but it was a bit lackluster in comparison to the other novella's in the series.

However, Bound by the Night is such an interesting storyline that really you can't help but be pulled into it, I think this is due to Ms Eden's wonderful writing style especially with the Bound series. As it's all short stories {novella's} she manages to really draw you in rather quickly and I think this helps greatly as even with Bound by the Night the backstory of the characters is quick and snappy and isn't drawn out even though there's so much Ms Eden clearly wants to cover with the past of Iona and Jamie.

Overall, a great storyline even if I wasn't pulled in by the characters as I usually am with this series.