sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Bound in Sin (Bound, #3) - Cynthia Eden Seriously becoming addicted to these short stories by Cynthia Eden as they are so good! I have yet to read one that I haven't liked or even enjoyed!
I love the mix of Ms Eden's Vampire and Werewolf stories and how she has portrayed them in a different light compared to others.
Ms Eden writes these novellas so well and they are super cheap to read too I can't help but automatically download one to my Kindle as soon as I see a new one has become available!
Human Paige Sloan once loved werewolf Drake Wyler more than life, but then that life was taken away from her. Attacked by vampires, Paige was bitten, and, on a cold, dark night, the life she’d known ended. She was reborn as a vampire—a werewolf’s deadliest enemy.

Paige ran from the vampires who attacked her, and she ran away from her lover. She didn’t want Drake to know what she’d become, and she didn’t want to face the fury of his pack. But a girl can only run for so long until the past catches up with her.
When Paige learns that Drake is being targeted for death, she knows that she can’t hide in the shadows any longer. She has to return to him, and she will do anything—anything—in order to make sure that he keeps living. The vampires might have destroyed her chance to live and love Drake, but they won’t take him. Not over her undead body. She’ll slay them all…and maybe, just maybe…she’ll even have the chance to sin—one more time--with the werewolf who’d marked her as his mate.

Another great installment to the Bound series! Paige and Drake are another couple {like Allison and Cade} who have a complicated relationship, the difference being that there's a bit of a back history between Paige and Drake which slowly becomes revealed through the storyline. I found Bound in Sin to be quite a bit more kickass than the other two novella's in the series so far.

Paige is a great character, after everything she's suffered and believed she still wants to save Drake and make sure he remains unharmed. She's also not defeatist about what happened to her and the choices she's made. She's not at peace with it all but she's accepted her circumstances and understands her situation, as a vampire, as Drake being the Alpha of a pack and of doing what she must to make sure Drake stays alive.

I really enjoyed the small twists Bound in Sin gaves us and if you couldn't tell, I greatly enjoyed Paige as the heroine. Drake is a great character too, but in a very different way, Drake has gone a little mad with Paige no longer in his life, not knowing if she had left him or was dead.

Overall, another great novella and a great addition to the Bound series.