sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Gunmetal Magic - Ilona Andrews After being kicked out of the Order of the Knights of Merciful Aid, Andrea's whole existence is in shambles. She tries to put herself back together by working for Cutting Edge, a small investigative firm owned by her best friend. When several shapeshifters working for Raphael Medrano--the male alpha of the Clan Bouda, and Andrea's former lover--die unexpectedly at a dig site, Andrea is assigned to investigate. Now she must work with Raphael as her search for the killer leads into the secret underbelly of supernatural Atlanta. And dealing with her feelings for him might have to take a backseat to saving the world.

Finally Andrea and Raphael's story. A little bit late review but I hadn't realised I hadn't reviewed it. D'oh!
What can I say about Gunmetal Magic, well it's amazing, fantastic, brilliant but most of all kick-ass!
I love that we finally get to see Andrea shine on her own. After she was kicked out of the order Andrea really lost her way and disappeared for a while, but when she finally felt ready to face the world and start living again Kate was there to give her a job and still be her best friend {awwwwww!} but Andrea still has to deal with Raphael, are they ready to fix things and move on together or separately?

While the main storyline, find who killed the shapeshifters is really great and there's some great Egyptian mythology and as always it's brilliantly written. I loved how Andrea and Raphael decided to deal with things with each other. You know what I'm talking about, that purple shag carpet!
I really enjoyed how we also got to see much more deeply into these two characters. Before you only scratch the surface of who they are and what made them what they are. Andrea and Raphael are two very different characters with such different backgrounds but they really work well together once they get past their differences {previous books!} they are a great team and couple.

It was great to see other characters that we come to know and love in this series from the previous books, Doolittle, Jim, Kate and Ascanio just to name a few. It helped keep it more centre that even though it was Andrea's book the rest of the world was still spinning and the other characters were needed.

Overall, I really enjoyed Gunmetal Magic, it was great to finally have Andrea's full story and have some closure on her and Raphael's relationship a definite must read if you haven't read it yet.